Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Change folder or file properties via command prompt....

Hi folks,
Don't you ever had an issue with viewing hidden files or folders in your personal computer or office computer?
I had this issue in my computer few times, because of virus attack. Sometimes this can happen because of some other reasons like problems in system files.
In my case system didn't allow me to change the properties of particular file in my PC. To overcome this problem i found a simple way which can change file or folder properties via command prompt.
Let's see how can we do that......


  • Just imagine you have a wmv file name 'Advertisement'.( Hidden file )
  • File path is C:\Users\udara\Desktop\Personal\Customize\My Advertisement.
  • First open command prompt.
  • Type ' C: ' and press Enter.
  • Then type ' cd Desktop ' and press Enter.
  • Then type ' cd Customize ' and press Enter.
  • Type ' My Advertisement ' and then press Enter.
  • Type ' attrib ' + ' -s ' + ' -h ' + <File name or Folder name> ( In this case 'Advertisement' ) and then press Enter.
You can see your file now in related folder.
You can use this command for a hidden folders also. This command functioning well in WINDOWS XP and also WINDOWS 7 platforms.


To find out more details about these commands, follow
http://www.computerhope.com/attribhl.htm

1 comment: